Monday, July 14, 2008

Fourth of July


(Troy writing)

We had a great family day. We had a BBQ together and took quite a hike up the Bridal Veil falls yesterday afternoon. We took our Dog "Halo" and all the kids including Brooky. Its was much steeper than I ever remember it and some spots where you'd tumble and break every bone in your body if you actually lived through it... so it was a fun adventure and by the time we reached the top, the mists and sheets of falling water were a great reward for the climb. We forgot our camera, but asked a stranger to take a picture and email it to us!
We bought a box of fireworks and had quite a blast with the kids lighting them last night... then we watched a movie. Anya leaves for a Girls Camp tomorrow through Friday. So most of next (July7-11) week I'll be Mr. Mom tending the kids while she's gone. She's never been gone for this long from the kids before. She got some gifts so each day the kids can search for hidden treasures and open something that will remind them of her. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

richnliz said...

Hey guys,
i miss you and i can't believe it has been a year since we were there with you guys we are planning to be there next year if you will have us. Anya i still want you to come see me maybe in Nov. for my birthday or sooner. Love you guys.
-liz

Heidi said...

It sounds like you had a great day. I love that you asked someone to take a picture for you I don't think I would have thought of that.

I can't wait to see that camp pictures!