Friday, January 9, 2009

Confessions of a not so Betty Crocker

You have all asked me to post this wonderful recipe of the cake. And though I did do a few tricks to it of my own (like the pan that I used and double fudge that I used, and all the drizzle sheezle that I did on the top of the cake....) the recipe itself is extremely simple...Yap, you got it, it is from the BOX...............2 actually. Make first box like instructed then fallow up with the second like instructed. (So I didn't mix two mixes, I just put one on the top of the other with the fudge in between.) Bake it for 45 min. Cool it completely before taking it out, then use extra fudge to put it on top with the sugar powder.
Hope you are not completely disappointed.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You need to post a picture of the cake you made. I want to see you as Betty Crocker!

Jen said...

This just makes it all the more better! So easy, and seriously... SERIOUSLY it was so, so good.

In fact... I think we should call you "Biddy Crocker" since all the biddies loved it so.

The Vests said...

Hi Anya. I found your blog through Heidi. So cute!

Florrie said...

You are definitely my kind of lady. That cake was awesome...I can't wait to make it! I'm all about box mixes.....seeing as I'm not a baker and all that....and I'd rather drive an hour to buy a cake rather than make a cake... This recipe looks right up my alley