Last Sunday we had visit from the General Authorities of the church, who spoke to our stake on the importance of not shy away in letting people know what we believe in and who we are.It was a wonderful talk....he also spoke of the Temples and how important they are. He spoke of how important it is to take advantage of the Draper Open house temple and take our kids there or our non-member friends. He said that we might not have that opportunity again for a long time....and I thought that I want to take my kids there, so they will remember how beautiful and peaceful it is in there.
Troy got off work and I took the kids from school that day and way we went....
And it WAS everything I was hoped for and more. I am so greatful that I was able to listen to the promptings of the spirit and acted upon it. I looked at my children's faces and they were in awe of it's beauty It was symbolic and wounderful to have Troy and the kids in the Celestial Room...
In deed, we can be as family forever!
I would incorage all of you to go before it's dedicated.
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your sweet experience at the temple. We are going to go too. I can't wait to show my kids the temple and tell them how important it is to me.
What a beautiful blog. Thank you. We serve in the Rexburg Temple every Tuesday morning from 5 a.m. -noon and as cold as it is out today...that is how warm and happy it is in the Temple. We love it! So happy for you. We looked it up and the Draper Temple is by where we used to live. We are excited for you!
PS Excuse me for not identifying myself. I am Elisa's mom and I just had to see your adorable family. And then I got excited about the Temple news and so I left a note!
I have been telling my kids that we are going the the Draper Temple open house at the end of Februay and they can't wait. I can just picture your kids sweet faces as they saw inside the temple. I have a funny but cute story about the temple. Last Friday night we took the kids to get a hamburger and told them we had to hurry because mommy was going to the temple. So my kids thought they were going with me and when they found out they could not go they started to cry...it was so cute. I had to explain to Drew and Dane that they will get to go soon. Anya, my parents bought the retro popcorn popper at Bed, Bath and Beyond...I think they were around $100 maybe less if they got it on sale.
Hi Anya! I found my way to your Blog! It's great! Did you know that we were both born in 1972? When is your birthday?
Love ya!
Post a Comment