Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Childhood home!

So the other day my brother in law, Mike, was showing us this system on the interned, were you can find any place on the planet and if some one has taken picture and uploaded it to the system, then you can see it.... Just out of curiosity, my mom and I were trying to find the street we use to live on in St. Petersburg, Russian, and all be darn, some one has actually been there and have taken a picture of OUR HOUSE.....can you believe it? I about fainted, when this image came up...THIS IS MY CHILDHOOD HOME....(if you look at the left corner, it is fourth flour, the window behind a tree.) That was were I grew up!!!
How grateful am I for technologies of today!!! And for who ever it was that was inspired to take a picture of this building....thank you stranger!!!
I was able to walk Troy through streets of my neighborhood and tell him a little storeys here and then, find my school where I walked to as a kid and stores were I shopped for bread and such....it was as though, we got to see a little slice of my childhood home town and I got to share it with Troy. It was really neat!


6 comments:

Dkole said...

That is awesome to see where you grew up. I miss you! Lets get together soon.

CKW said...

That's so cool. J has been gunning for us to spend some time with that program. Now, I'm inspired to look up all the places I've lived.

Heidi said...

That is amazing! What a beautiful building and how wonderful that you were able to show Troy!

Michelle said...

So fun! I think we should all make a trip someday and actually visit there!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow. That is so super cool!!

Anonymous said...

Wait a minute.... I thought you said at youth conference that you posted about the snake?? I don't see anything about the snake. You'll have to post about it asap.