Monday, July 12, 2010

what did we do this week

I hear it's been raining in UT...and you would think it should rain in England, but for some strange reason it has been supper hot. I'm sure it is not as hot as UT, but consider that people here don't believe in AC and now we have a very hot experience in England. (The hotel has AC, thank goodness)

About a week ago we have bought ourselves a car, I think I blogged about that. Well, what I forgot to mention is that I actually drove it!!! Yes, me who proclaimed I wouldn't do it. ( Now, I am sure I won't drive in London any time soon) Driving on the opposite side of the road and having wheel on the different side sure has been tricky, but I managed. Our kids had their fingers crossed the whole time I drove, so I wouldn't crash into a car on my left. It is the oddest feeling not know how far your car extends on the left. Crazy!

One of the maids in the hotel told us of the play area in the mall and so we went to check it out while Troy was out visiting school for his job. They call it Mini Mayhem
Kids really loved it. We had ice cream cone after words. Happy day!

We have also discover a near by park. They have a lots of parks in England. The Tillgate park is HUGE. It has a feel of forest that has been well taking care of. It has beautiful lakes and pounds. Paths that lead you through beautifully taking care flowers, shrubs and trees. I know it sounds like I'm talking rubbish, but really it is breath taking. With all the shrubs you really never know where you will end up. It really is amazing what plantations can do to the beauty of the place and to the human spirit. British people really know how to create amazing gardens.
We have gone to this park quite few times now, every time it takes us about 3-4 hrs to make it back to our car. We all love it there.

School. I have contacted Oakland Primary School and to our relief it sounds that ALL of our kids will be able to attend the same school, which is a blessing, we hear. Usually you can only get one and put the others on a waiting list. This school is 3 min. walk from our house, so I am VERY excited about that. We supposed to hear back from their "Head Teacher" (principal) to have kids come and look around the school. She/he is the one who is ultimately will or will not let all of our kids to come. But the gal I spoke with said, we shouldn't have a problem. So September 1st kids will get into their uniforms, which consist of Red, gray, black and white colors, and march into school.

Ryder is going to have a hard time with all the kids being gone. He loves them all so much. Troy took all the kids the other day to the park(Ryder needed a nap) He just crawl to the door and cried like a little puppy dog, looking at me and at the door.

We have discovered that 10 month old and hotel don't get along. I think, its been one of the biggest frustrating points in here. How do you put baby to sleep at 8 when the rest of the kids want to be up?

I can't tell you how many times (almost every night) Troy and I have to take turns to walk in circles around hotel or on it's parking lot with Ryder, because he got woken up 2 hrs later and now all ready to rumble, while other kids are ready to go to sleep. On top of it, Ryder doesn't know how to cry...but he sure knows how to let his whole heart into great scream!!! I'm seriously surprised that we haven't been investigated by child services in here. His scream sounds like we are torturing him. Happy, Sad, Frustrated, Just woke up because he want's his Binky, it is a bloody scream!!!! YES, we had a few complains and knocks on our door! Grrrrr!

On the bright side...I have managed to lose 20 lbs. Yeaaaa for me!!!

Finally got all paper work (of me not being in the US anymore) in to US Embassy, so if all is good, they will be able to fax it to SLC and close my case. We then will be able to start applying for my visa and bonds waivers. Fingers crossed!

This is our last week in the hotel!!!!!!!!!! We still love each other, what a relief!

1 comment:

CKW said...

You said 'rubbish.' You are getting so British!!! :-)

Congrats on the 20 lbs. Good luck? Good eating? or HCG?