This week we wear invited, by the US family, to the BBQ to celebrate 4th of July. Kids love their kids and the couple them self are Rylee's teachers at church. They have been wonderful! People at church in general have been fantastic. RS President has been so great. She has emailed me all kinds of helpful things about the Biggin Hill city and where to find what and what deals are were. It is awesome! I hope to take advantage of it all once we have moved in. We now have only 2 more weeks to go :) Kids are very excited to move into the house, and so are we. Troy and I have been looking on ebay for some furniture, and also on free recycle site. They have few second hand stores here as well. So hopefully we will be able to pull together something decant. I guess, we will buy cod beds from Ikea for the kids the day before we move in. We don't quite have a solution for Troy and I, but I'm sure we will be fine. Camping in the house, yaaaaa!
We have finally bought a car!!! It's a big boat!!! Well, for the UK standards it is very big, but not for the US. It is an older Chrysler Grand Voyager, we like it. Hope it will serve us well while we are here. It has 75k miles on it, so that is a concern, and a few electrical things don't really work (nothing major),but white smoke was coming from the back last night. :( not good! We are going to take it to the mechanic and hope it is nothing serious. The guy that sold it to us, said he will pay for it, if it is something serious. Sense we don't have any credit history here, our only option was to find something we can pay cash for. So we hope it can be all fixed chip.
It is so very expensive here that we have figured if we can pull this up we will be able to learn how leave on A LOT less and pay A LOT more in rent than we paid in our mortgage. Which if we can do and be fine, then we can have a bigger home when we come back to the US. For this is training us financially to pay more for the housing. I mean, our house is not all that! it is only about 1200 sq ft. and our rent is $2300/mo. We can have a very nice home for that much/month in UT. In the hotel, we don't have microwave or fridge and so we are limited on what we can buy, food vise, we go to the store about once every two or tree days and it is $100-$150 every time. Again, nothing major in purchases. No milk or meat or anything perishable. Crazy! I don't know how people afford to leave here?
Found out that school here goes year round with a lot more breaks in the middle of it. So, it will be over on July 30th and will restart again on September 1st. So we are hopping to get all of our kids in the same school (I guess, it is kind of the problem around here) Kids start school here at 4, so Brooklyn is a year behind, I hope she will do well. I'm sure at this level, she should be fine!
We have been Skyping with Hailey a few times now. Troy takes his lap top to the park (we even, once had a picnic) while Hailey get's to see us and the kids playing. It's almost like her being kind of there.
Ryder, turned 9 months and learned how to crawl in the hotel. He LOVES shower and crawls to the bathroom with scrim of excitement, every time he sees the door is open, as fast as his little hands and legs would take him. He also started pulling himself up, but still need a little help at that.
We don't quite know what we are going to do for Drew's bday......we were going to have an early party for him, before we left, but we just run out of time.He is a great kid and I know that what ever we will do he will have a grateful heart about it.
Well, this is it for now,
Sorry, not much pictures, our lap top is full and we need to copy all into a disk and create some room. We will try to do it soon so we can start posting more pictures.
Love you all,
Anya
4 comments:
Happy 4th of July! Hopefully you will be back before too long. It's so great to hear all about your adventures. We are thinking of you!
I hope you get settled in the house quickly!
We miss you guys terribly!!!! When I look at your house down the street I want to cry!!! So quiet around here this summer...Hope all is well and I know what you guys are doing is in your family's best interest!!! Love you!!! Aimee
Ahh girlie.....I LOVE all your updates, but miss you SO DANG much.....book club is not the same without you!
We miss you guys so much! We need to skype sometime that would be so much fun!
Post a Comment