Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thoughts

So the other day I was visiting (over the phone) with one of the sisters in our word. Her and her husband are going to the Temple the next day AND they are bringing their small children with them, making it a family outing. They take turns in attending sessions, while other is on the Temple grounds with the children. I have offered her to watch her children, so that she can attend session with her husband. She said, "well, who watches your kids when you go?" Well, back in Ut we either have baby sitter or we go at different time/day. And that's what we do here, go at different time/day. "So, you don't bring children to the Temple at all, when you go?" "No", I said. "Don't you think it would be good for your children to know that Temple is important and they are growing knowing it first hand, by coming to the Temple grounds weekly, as mom and dad attending it?" I was left speechless.
We went on talking more about that and other stuff, and by the end of conversation she excused herself, saying that she's got to go so her and her husband will have time reading scriptures in preparation of the Temple attendance.
I love our word saints in here, they are such an examples to me.

1 comment:

David and RaieGene Robison Family said...

What a great idea!! We should try that!!