We have been here for over a month now and kids really love some of the way people/kids talk here. For instance, Drew now calls TV Telly and he calls me Mum not Mom. In the morning he goes:" Mum, can I turn on Telly?" YES,Darling (honey)you may. Hey, little Puppet ( that goes for Brooklyn) would you like to watch Telly?" We get kick out of it.
One of the things I REALLY missed about Russia is abundance of flowers being sold everywhere. I grew up ALWAYS having fresh cut flowers in our home. In US it is quit expensive and so that tradition had to go away :((((
Coming here I can see that it is well leaved here!!!! :)))) Flowers are sold just about everywhere and people are actually buying them!!!!! At the groceries store I always see women having flowers in their carts. Oh, how that makes me happy!!!!

OK. Who got frustrated about buying herbs and finding that you have to through it a way just 2 days latter? ME!
Why didn't people in the US thought about growing herbs in re-composable pots and selling it that way?! That's what they do here. I love it! Now, you have a pretty herbs siting on the window by the sink (or where ever you may put it) It looks pretty, it serves it's purpose and your money doesn't go down the drain in 2 days.

One of the earliest observations I made is absence of dirty cars. I still wounder if they can get ticket or something for having dirty car. Their car washes are EVERYWHERE! I mean almost ALL parking lots have car wash and on top of it you have guys walking with trolleys offering hand car wash for £5. As much as it rains in here it's sure impressive that all of their cars are always shinny!

Police. They're around, however, we haven't seen any car being pulled over. Not in the city, town or highways. But they have cameras like EVERYWHERE! Apparently, if you brake a law, they just send you a ticket. Makes me a little bit worry. I mean, we don't plan on breaking any laws, but who doesn't speed? or take a wrong turn? I hope they have some kind of forgiveness points when their cameras take pictures of your car license plate. I have to say, it makes you extra alert. You know how you automatically check your speed limit when you see police in your rare view mirror? Well, that's how you feel every time you see camera. Sure makes police job easy!

Well, this is it for now! Cheers!
2 comments:
Anya -- it's so fun to read about your adventures! I think I'll go buy some flowers now! :)
I also loved the flower thing from my time in holland. I always had them because they were so cheap. I remember getting 50 pink tulips for $5 once. It also seemed like there were a lot more fresh food markets there too.
Post a Comment