Hooray for all of us, we have survived!
This week has been exciting and busy. Though, we could of moved in on Sunday, we didn't due to our beds not arriving till Monday night. Troy has got a really great deal on all of our beds. Thank goodness for ebay! And then we drove to IKEA about...hmmm.....4 times! The first time we just went there to see the prices,and then on Saturday, they had up to 75% off sale and we entered into a "mad house" The play area had 45 min waiting list and we had to be there to get the spot, so we just decided to take all of our 4 kids on shopping with us. That was fun! Not!
We were there for 4 hrs and then some, and by the end it was existing! We did some serious damage to our checking account,but got some great and much needed things. I think Troy did all the shopping he could handle,for a very long time.
So, between ebay, Ikea, and and hand me downs we have managed to get just about everything we need to get by and then some.
In the house we have 4 bedrooms, girls got their own rooms and boys are sharing their room. Drew is actually very happy about that. Back home he would always get sad about not having sleeping buddy in his room.
In the house we don't have any, of what they call "white goods" so dishes are done by hand, which I don't mind. And I have been putting my early russian upbringings into practice, by washing our laundry by hand and air dry it! Now, THAT I do mind! Call me spoiled, if you wish, but family of 6, back home required 2 loads of laundry almost every other day. Yesterday, however, Troy has bought a washer on ebay, I am a happy women! Now if weather will just cooperate and let our laundry dry that would be so nice! I don't know how they dry their clothes here in the winter times?
The first day here, Troy has discovered how much he hates baths! (that's right, no showers)First of all, he can't really fit in it! :) Who new, we should of tried to sit in the bath, before we decided to rent this place. And then their is a hot water issue. (they really conserve here like crazy)I am learning that whenever hot water is involved, I have to REALLY plan what I need to have done in a short time slot with a limited amount of it. That's been kid of interesting. So,next time you are running hot water, think of me having a marathon of washing 4 kids,(in the same water) doing dishes and hoping I will have enough water left to do some laundry. And when you are in your hot endless shower think of Troy squishing his little toosh in a very narrow bath tab, sprinkling himself with lukewarm water and wondering what on earth is going on. Awesome, I know!
Ok, now for the good things.
I love my kitchen, it's white and roomy for the UK standards. I love our windows with much light coming through out the house.
I love the view of the lush green hills from the girls rooms. I love all of our new things that we bought.
I love that kids have tree house. See this big hage-tree? it's acctually has build in hiding place.
I love how quite our neighborhood is. This is my favorite view in Biggin Hill
I love a room in the house, called conservatory. It's like an extension of the house in the back that is all windows. That's Troy's favorite room.
I love wood flores throughout the house (some homes we looked at had scary purple/green carpets in it. I love that we are 3 min. walk from kid's school that we went last week and had a tour and meat their teachers. Here is the school play ground for Drew's age kids. Brooklyn will have her own play ground.
The town is small, but it has its basic things that we need. And then they got library/pool near by. So we are happy about that.
Now, for our visiting neighbors!!!! We have foxes, like tons of them! As soon as it gets just a little bit dark, they come out. The kids have been so excited to see them every night! The bad part, is that they attack something every single night! We always get to hear poor bird, animal, who knows what, making their last plea for life. The other night, Troy took the kids in the car and left them there for like 2 hrs. He pout some of our diner left overs near by to bring foxes in, and boy they sure did come. That was quite fun!
As some of you may know, on the day we have moved in, it was also Drew's birthday! I feel bad we couldn't have bigger celebration for him, but we tried. We have managed to buy some presents for him and wrap it up before he could see it. Then we went to the shop and he picked his cake. So we had pizza, and cake with ice cream. Song happy birthday, blew candles, open some gifts. Next day Troy took the kids to see Toy Story 3. I'm greatfull I have a child who is easy going and is happy with as little as he gets. We sure love him and his tender heart. He is a kind, caring boy.
Ryder has stopped screaming!!!!!!!!!!! I guess, now that he has tons of room to explore he is busy doing just that. He poles himself up every chance he gets and I believe walking is just around the corner.
6 comments:
Sorry for the last post I hit wrong button and posted half of what I was saying.
OH the house is so cute! The kids love the tree house and want one too.
I love seeing pictures again I bet it is nice to be home! We are thinking of you guys!
Home SWEET home. Love it. I am so glad you are getting all settled in and doing well. I miss your sweet face and listening to you talk in that awesome Anya way. I will admit that reading the way you talk is almost as good. You are amazing.
P.S. troy in look-worm water not so fun but funny.
Love the house!! So glad you are finally out of the hotel. Anya, you look fantastic!
your house looks so cute! and Dan is very jealous of the tree house. Hopefully some day we can come and see it in person! We miss you guys!
Your house looks so nice! It looks like you guys are adjusting well. We miss you, but know we will see you guys soon. Have a fun adventure - you deserve it!!!
Post a Comment