Troy has been doing some research on I-601 waiver, what it takes to be approved, what evidences Home Land Security needs etc. We have heard for a while now that it all has to be well documented. But what does it mean? What do we need to document? So in his research he came in contact with this lawyer who apparently does 90% of her practice in preparing I-601 waivers.
She has great approval percentage rate. So Troy contacted her and we had over the phone consultation. During our visit, she said, that I should of left to Russia and Troy should of staid in the US with the kids. (what?) She said, that we should do that even now, for it will THEN be an extreme hardship. She felt in her professional opinion that only then will we be able to see a possibility of my 10 year bar being removed.
I didn't sleep well that night....the images of me being with out my family just killing me.
Troy joked and said, that maybe we will be jipsys, traveling for the next 10 years. looking for job, home, school...I don't know......(sigh)
I get so tired of this at times.....seems like my whole life has been a limbo state....I can't even begin to tell you how that altered me as a person. I hate that my children are dragged into it! I just want them to have a normal life!
The only strength I find is on my knees. He knows! He has a plan! Trust Him! Find happiness!
The next day I find THIS talk. I would encourage you to read it. It has given me hope and trust that I can have bright life despite my circumstance. I believe many of us will relate. I felt like it was written just for me.
4 comments:
I think Gypsies are cool. You know what Anya, you haven't dragged your children into anything except for an opportunity to see some different places and experience a different part of the world. They don't understand what you are going through and I guarantee that they are having a good happy life. That doesn't mean that you don't feel guilty about it. If you look at ten years in the grand scheme of things, it isn't really that long and it will fly right on by. You are approaching it almost being 1 year already, see. Trying to be optimistic here. You know that Troy, the Church, and the Lord will take care of you in different ways. Only you and Troy know what is truly the best thing for you to do as you continue to consult with the Lord. Bag the lawyer ;) Big hugs. Keep having faith.
You and Troy are the only people who can determine what is best for your family, but keep faith that you have been guided toward the decisions you have made because you guys are faithful and you listen. I know you want to give your bid to return to the U.S. the best shot possible, but sometimes lawyers don't know everything, even when they are experts. When Samuel broke his arm and we were dealing with the state to get him returned, we were referred to 'the guy' for those kinds of cases. His advice was to pay him 4k upfront, plead guilty even though we weren't, take the required parenting classes and wait the six months or so for Sam to be sent home. We didn't feel right about it and sought out someone else despite people who warned us that we were wasting our best chance. In the end, we didn't do any of those things and it turned out better than anyone had predicted. I'm sorry about your crummy news but I know you are watched over and that voice that talks to you is just as important as an expert attorney's. And your kids are lucky kids no matter where you live :-)
Hopefully they will see how dedicated you two are to your family and keeping them together. Can you try that angle? Maybe I can write about my hardship of how much I miss my friend down the street;)
I know things will work out for you guys!!! Your family is awesome, positive, and a great example to so many people. We will keep you in our prayers and hope that it all gets worked out soon. We miss you dearly and only wish for great things for you.
Post a Comment