Sunday, March 13, 2011

Les Misérables

I think of being brought up in a culture rich city and country, one of the things I grew up loving is theater. I love pretty much anything that has to do on the big stage. Love it!
When I served my mission, our mission president allowed us to have 2 super activities/mission time. I chose to see Phantom and Les Miserables. I was also lucky enough to have seen it by seating on the 3rd row from the orchestra! It was like being in the middle of a story as an invisible person. You see and hear and mostly FEEL like nothing else. I cried the whole way through the play. I really felt in love with this amazing story and music of Les Miserables.
For a long time I would tell Troy that he HAS to see the play. (it isn't his cup of tea)
Here in London, Les Miserable is playing year round (well, it has been sense June) so for my Valentine gift I bought the tickets. They were the chippest seats in the house, but I figured we have to see it and if Troy will fall in love with it as I did, we can comeback and see it in Ut and get seats near stage, with out paying 70% more for the ticket. At any rate. It was amazing! Just as I knew it would.
Queen's theater is an old theater and it is small and charming.

Troy liked the play as well. He said that it had some powerful lyrics in the songs. Now he will have to see it up close and personal, where you can smell the sweat and see the emotions of the actors. Where you can be swallowed up in the experience of the front row seats.
BTW, London is well alive and beautiful at night.
Dinner before the show.
We were grateful to have this "just the two of us" night out. Thanks Ashley, for watching our little piggies.

No comments: