It's been almost a year sense we've been in England. We have never went to see a Doctor here (aside from the hospital trip Troy had to take with kidney stones)In order to be seen by their Dr. you have to meat certain qualifications, like leaving in the same county as a doctor's office. Working (thou, it's appear to be free health care, you are indeed paying for it with your tax money. If you are making over 35K you are taxed 40%) No, the medicine isn't free here, thou it's appear to be, when you don't pay for it upfront, nor do you get medical bill in the mail.
So we had to been seen for a medical check up to be registered in the system. It's amazing to me how upfront they are with what they think you NEED to do about your health. It wasn't a matter of choice at all.
After getting all my medical done, I was told that:
1. I need to get on contraceptive. You have 4 kids. Make an appointment she said.
2. I need to get on medicine for my veins. She was in absolute shack that I was not prescribed anything for it, considering that I get blood clots. Make an appointment she said.
And 3rd......She said I am FAT ! Yap! Those are the words she used. Sweet! She went on telling me all about it and what I MUST do!
Well, for heaven's sake, may be I want to be fat! (I don't think I am fat, btw. But I know I can loose some weight) I was talking with my neighbor about that, who "needs" to loose 14 lbs and she confirmed with me, that her Doctor is very much after her case for this 14 lbs.
I guess, they figured if they are "paying" for your healthcare, they sure can tell you what to do.
2 comments:
Oh so sorry. Nobody wants to hear that they are fat :( Like I always say though, you are beautiful. 0-35,000 they tax you at 20% and then everything that you earn from 35,000 to 150,000 they tax at 40%. It would be interesting to do a study on US medical costs, and taxes vs. UK medical costs and taxes. I have no idea which is better. I hope you get those veins treated though :) No blood clots!
No more kids? When did you move to China?
Post a Comment