Monday, November 3, 2008

He lives!!!

This Sunday Drew had primary lesson on the "last supper". As I got him from his class, I could tell that something was on his mind and no sooner then the door to the car closed, than Drew climbed up on my lap and start hysterically sobbing.....
"What's the matter, honey?" I said
"Mom......Jesus is dead! He really is. They killed him!"
"Oh, honey.....(I just held him so very tight and sobbed with my little guy)
"Oh, honey, but He lives!!!" I said.
"Do you know why He died?" I said
"No."
"So that you and I can live with Him again"
"You see, where Father lives is very clean and pure. And when we make bad choices, that makes us kind of dirty inside and we can't go back and be with Jesus and Heavenly Father. But Jesus came and took all of the sins or mistakes that we make and died with them, so that if we choose to believe in what Jesus taught us and do what He asks us to do, then we can be clean and able to one day come to our Heavenly Fathers Kingdom and live with Him and Jesus."
Drew was still sobbing......
"Honey, do you want to say a prayer so that you can feel in your heart that Jesus is alive?" I asked
He nodded.... Still holding him tight in my arms I sobbed my little heart out to our Father in plea that my little guy will know of this great truth and be comforted.
We got home and watched "He is Rison". There is a little boy in the story that I think Drew saw himself in and could relate the sadness that that little boy felt....But then the miracle of Resurrection......
He turned to me with his big eyes and amazement in his voice, he proclaimed ,"Mom, you right, He lives, He does. Jesus is alive!!!!

"How grateful I am for the little ones...for the primary lesson....for the Spirit that guided me as a mother and most of all for my Savior! In deed He lives and I was testified of it this Sunday, as my little guy was gaining his first testimony.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Anya thanks so much for sharing that tender moment. I have to admit I got teary as I read it. I love those moments where you can see you kids gaining a testimony!

richnliz said...

How sweet is that. Aren't Drew's the best!!!?? Miss you girl.

Anonymous said...

haha. That is so cute.