A few weeks ago Troy had to drive to London for his job and we were left with out a car at the house all Saturday. I really wanted to do SOMETHING! So kids and I are decided to go the "pound" store for Halloween decorations. The fun part about it was the "how" we were going to get there.
Double Decker here we come!
It was about 30 min drive, but the kids LOVED every minute of it! They all run to the second level and got to seat in the front row. They all had huge smiles across their faces, and they all told me that they feel like they are riding a roller coaster!
At the store we found few things that we got and people at the store asked us if we were from US. "Is our accent really give us away?" I asked. "Yes, and the fact that you bought this much Halloween decorations" said one lady. (Just for the record, I didn't buy "that" much. There wasn't much to choose from to begin with)
Anyway, I thought that was funny. At church, RS has asked me to tell'em about how Halloween is celebrated in US, it just made me miss home that much more.
This Friday we have decided to hold a Halloween party for the kids.We will have a few games, pizza, candy you know the usual stuff. And for my wonderful sisters-in-law and nieces and nieces-in-law I say lets start doing this as a tradition when I come back (you can start doing it with out me, of course)Here are some gals that've done this and loved it: Angela ,Caryn , Breanne
Anyway, I thought it might be so much fun for us girls. What do you say?
1 comment:
Hey, Finally we got our computer fixed and I can check in on you. I updated my blog today with a few pics of Boston. Brody will be tomorrow and so on. We miss you guys, glad to see you guys are looking like you are doing good. Email me girl. I will actually get it now that we are hooked up to the internet.
Post a Comment