Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ryder is ONE!






Time surely doesn't stop, doesn't it?
On September 30th our little guy turn 1. He was sick that day, actually that whole week ;( So we just held him a lot on that day. Which he loved. And once he felt better we got together with our neighbors and had pizza, cake, ice cream, balloons, and presents.
Ryder has 5 teeth, 2 on the top and 3 on the bottom. He has darling light curls, mostly on the back of his head, that both mom and dad just adore. He is just about to start walking on his own, we think. He likes to hold on everything around the house(walls included) and walk that way.When he is done eating he troughs the rest of the food on the floor and often would finish it after we take him out of his high chair. (silly kid) He still screams! And at this stage we know he is doing it on purpose.(stinker) In the past few days I have found him laughing at....I'm not sure what....he is just cracking himself up, and talking his little baby talk in between loughs. It makes me giggle to hear him do that. He loves his brother and sisters and truly misses them when they go to school. He gets so excited about food. You would think that we don't feed him. He likes to point to things and he signs "give it to me" (I was trying to teach him how to sign "milk" somehow, it got lost in translation and now "milk" means "give it to me", or "come here" or "I want that")
On the sadder note, he has been getting his head banged more then I ever remember other kids doing it. I don't think his head has been bruise free ever.Poor guy.
He likes to cattle and he will give you those wonderful, open mouth baby kisses, if you ask him or if he feels like it. He says mamma, babba, and tink (thanks)He is our sweetheart and we ALL love him to pieces.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I am having so much fun reading your blog and keeping up on all the fun your are having. I Happy Birthday to Ryder!!

muffytootles said...

oh my gosh I can't believe he is one already, where does time go? Well we miss you guys!

Brett and Becky said...

Happy birthday Ryder!!! What a cute cake...And it looks like you really enjoyed it too!