Thursday, October 28, 2010

It's do or die


I do miss home terribly, but in so many ways I'm glad we are were we are. In so many ways it has been such a blessing for our family. I can't even begin to explain all the wonderful personal and family changes that this has come to us. As a family we are SO much closer together. Kids have learned to rely on each other and found to be best friends. We don't go out hardly ever (do to leaving expense in here) and we don't have TV. But we manage to keep our selves busy, nevertheless. We have great home teachers, who happen to be also my RS President.;) and her husband. Troy calls her Marie Poppins...she is lovely lady, and when she comes over all the children(Troy and I included) just igger to seat around her and listen to her speak.(that English accent is captivating) We have one great friendly neighbor. They have been very kind to us and kids really love their kids. We have surrounded ourselves with "church" everything. It has brought us so much closer to the Lord ( I don't know why we allowed ourselves to get so distracted back home) The Lord has blessed us with an amazing calling opportunities. It is so nice to feel needed.
This day Troy is at the church with YM and YW having 24 hr merothan read of the Book of Mormon.
As you know I teach Youth Sunday School. I love it. It's neat to teach kids here. I think they really get it, they have to rise up every day to what they believe. I just love that! And that is what I also love about our kids being here. Is that they get to "play on the field" sort of speak after we teach them at home and church.
I love how many talks we had to have with all of them, every single day for all the gospel principals here became reality. From modesty, to word of wisdom, to church going, to clean language,obeying sabbath day, recognizing the Spirit, the list goes on.... Leaving here gives us as a parents stronger motive to teach, then we send them out on the "field", then fallow up with them and teach again. The circle never ends and we hope they will learn and get strong. I suppose that that is what we should do no matter what our address is, but being here it's almost like do or die. And we can't let our kids die. The opposition to the truth is right in our faces, right in our kids faces. I am grateful now, more then ever for the gospel in our life. What a safe harbor it is for our family! And I am so proud of my little kids for being such a great examples of faith and purity to those around them. Nothing brings more joy to Troy's and mine heart then hearing character appraising comments from teachers, neighbors and parents. Rylee sais, that she feels like she is being a missionary. And she sure is. ;)

1 comment:

older but wiser said...

There is nothing like living in the mission field to experience spiritual growth. I envy you.
Cyndi's mom